Care for your Crystal
Crystal is one of the world’s most exquisite and refined materials, so naturally there are many questions as to why and how it is made and the process involved in doing so.
Full lead crystal is “softer” than regular crystal and glass, and it will scratch, so it should be stored where it will not touch your other pieces. Full lead crystal, because of its softness, leads to deeper and finer cuts.
- Do not store glasses upside down as this may cause stress to the rim, which is delicate and could create stress cracks and chips.
- Carry your pieces one at a time, never in groups. Hold the stem of your glasses when moving and using them.
- Wash your crystal in warm water with a mild detergent, and rinse with warm water.
- Changes in temperature, such as going from very hot to cold could affect the crystal, and in some cases cause clouding or even cracking.
- Dry with a soft clean lint free cloth or paper towels and never use anything abrasive on the piece.